There is nothing that says “summer” more than an ice-cold smoothie. The sky is the limit when it comes to smoothie recipe concoctions and there really is nothing more refreshing on a hot summer’s day. On days when it’s just too hot to eat, smoothies are a great way to get a good dose of nutrition in a refreshing beverage.
Here are some of my favourite summer smoothie concoctions, and I have also included a video to show you to make this delicious BARLEYmax Mango Lassi, so give this one a try before mango season comes to an end in Australia.
- BARLEYmax berry smoothie – this recipe is a great way to enjoy all the summer berries on offer, and it’s also a good source of whole grain fibre with nearly 7g of fibre per serve
- Banana and almond butter smoothie – blend 1 frozen banana with 1 pitted medjool date, ½ cup quinoa flakes, 1 Tablespoon almond butter and ¾ cup of milk.
- Cocoa and oat smoothie – blend 1 large banana with 1/3 cup rolled oats, 2 Tablespoons plain yoghurt, 3 teaspoons cocoa powder and ¾ cup of milk.
- Watermelon and mint smoothie – blend 1.5 cups fresh watermelon with ½ cup fresh or frozen strawberries. Add ½ cup almond milk (or other milk of your choice), juice from 1 lime, 1 Tablespoon each of chopped mint and chia seeds and blend all together until well mixed.
- Breakfast smoothie – blend 1 large banana with 2 Tablespoons LSA mix (linseeds, sunflower seeds and almonds), 1/3 cup rolled oats, pinch of cinnamon and 1 Tablespoon honey.
- Avocado and strawberry smoothie – blend ½ avocado with ½ cup fresh or frozen strawberries, ½ cup low fat yoghurt, ¾ cup milk and 1 teaspoon honey.
Check out the BARLEYmax Mango Lassi recipe video here!
We would love to see your summer smoothie recipes and if you would like a sample of the BARLEYmax flakes to make your own smoothie concoction, send us an email and we will send one out to you.