A brilliant breakfast featuring BARLEYmax™.
- 50g BARLEYmax™ flakes
- 125g Greek Yoghurt
- 30g toasted pistachio nuts
- ½ cup sliced strawberries and blueberries
- 1 tbsp honey
- Lightly toast the BARLEYmax™ flakes in a dry hot pan, taking care not to burn the flakes. Allow to cool slightly.
- In a wide glass or single serve ceramic container, place 1/3 of the flakes, followed by half the yoghurt, nuts and berries.
- Repeat with 1/3 of the flakes followed by the remaining yoghurt, nuts and berries.
- Finish with the remaining flakes and drizzle the honey on top.
- Swap the strawberries and blueberries for any other seasonal fruit.
- Instead of pistachios, try crushed macadamia nuts or chopped hazelnuts.
Recipe courtesy of Teri Lichtenstein (APD).
Intended as general advice only. Consult your health care professional to discuss any specific concerns.