¼ cup caster sugar
2 tbsp boiling water
¼ tsp vanilla extract
½ tsp butter
1 banana, sliced lengthways
¼ cup BARLEYmax™ flakes
¼ cup oats
¾ cup almond milk
½ tbsp almond butter
Pinch of cinnamon
- Heat the sugar, vanilla extract and water in a pan over medium heat until it forms a caramel.
- Add the banana to the pan and turn regularly to coat well. Add the butter and heat for another 1-2 minutes. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Place the BARLEYmax™ flakes, oats and almond milk into a small saucepan and cook over medium heat for 2-3 minutes , stirring constantly.
- Add the almond butter and cinnamon, turn the heat to low and stir until the porridge has thickened.
- Serve immediately with the bananas.
- Try other fruit like caramelised peaches.
- Any nut butter or milk can be used.
Intended as general advice only. Consult your health care professional to discuss any specific concerns.