This BARLEYmax™ Granola is a perfect addition to yoghurt and fruit in the morning.
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- 200g mixed nuts, roughly chopped
- 80g BARLEYmax™ kibble (approximately ½ cup)
- ¼ cup oats
- ¼ cup coconut flakes
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- Preheat the oven to 160˚C.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, fry the spices in the coconut oil.
- Add the nuts, kibble, oats and coconut flakes. Mix well and toast briefly.
- Spread the mixture on an oven tray and bake for 15 minutes, stirring halfway through the cooking time.
- Remove from the oven and cool. Stir through the cranberries and store in an airtight container.
- Serve with yoghurt and berries.
Recipe courtesy of Teri Lichtenstein (APD).
Intended as general advice only. Consult your health care professional to discuss any specific concerns.