BARLEYmax™ Asparagus Pesto
Makes 1.5 cups
1 bunch asparagus, trimmed
½ cup grated parmesan
¼ cup blanched almonds
¼ cup BARLEYmax™ flakes
1 clove garlic, crushed
2 tbsp curly leaf parsley, chopped
1 tbsp coriander, chopped
¾ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Place all ingredients, except olive oil, into a food processor.
- Slowly add the oil, with motor running, and process until well combined.
- Replace almonds with raw cashews for a flavour alternative.
- Drizzle some extra virgin olive oil and store in a container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
BARLEYmax™ Seed Crackers
Makes approximately 50 crackers
¼ cup flaxseeds
¼ cup pepitas
¼ cup sunflower seeds
¼ cup chia seeds
¼ cup sesame seeds
2/3 cup BARLEYmax™ flour
½ cup water
¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat an oven to 160ºC.
- Place all seeds into a food processor and pulse until smooth.
- Add remaining ingredients and process until combined.
- Place mixture in between two sheets of baking paper and roll to 3-4mm thick. Transfer to a baking tray and bake for 25 minutes or until crisp.
- Allow to cool and then break into pieces.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Any seed combination can be used. Try replacing one of the seeds with an alternative like linseed.
- Biscuits can be kept in an air tight container for up to 14 days.
Note: this recipe has been adapted from ‘Wholesome Child’ recipe book by Mandy Sachar.
Intended as general advice only. Consult your health care professional to discuss any specific concerns.