1 ¼ cup almond milk
1 vanilla bean
¼ cup BARLEYmax™ flakes
¼ cup quinoa flakes
1 tbsp flaxseeds
1 tbsp chia seeds
2 tbsp pistachios
1-2 fresh figs
Honey to garnish
- Pour the milk into a small saucepan.
- Slice vanilla bean in half and scrape the seeds into the milk. Add the BARLEYmax™ and quinoa flakes.
- Warm the mixture over a medium heat until it starts to gently boil, stirring constantly.
- Add the flax and chia seeds and stir to combine.
- Reduce the heat to low and stir until the porridge thickens.
- Serve immediately with the pistachio nuts, sliced figs and honey drizzled over the top.
- For a flavour variation, use coconut milk and add in 2 tbsp shredded coconut.
Intended as general advice only. Consult your health care professional to discuss any specific concerns.